The incredibly lightweight and responsive ZoomX cushioning returns in the Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next% as does the carbon fibre plate, but Nike have managed to cram 15% more foam, largely in the forefoot, to provide even more energy return late in the stride. Despite this addition the overall weight of the shoe stays the same.
Perhaps the biggest update is in the upper where Vaporweave is making its debut. Lighter than Flyknit it is breathable but crucially absorbs far less water from sweat or rain, so stays light and airy over the course of a full marathon.
The laces have been slightly offset which alleviates pressure along the sensitive part of the foot, and a thin foam pad has been inserted into the heel to keep the Achilles happy.
The outsole has also been updated with a mix of traction patterns being used to improve forefoot grip and increase the handling in the wet. Contoured treads with deep grooves on the outsole help to provide smoother movement during turns.
• Nike ZoomX foam delivers Nike Running’s greatest energy return yet, and Next% adds more ZoomX for responsive comfort on race day.
• VaporWeave material up top is an engineered woven mesh that’s light and breathable while giving a secure, comfortable fit.
• Updated laces loop through lightweight side sashes that eliminate the need for an arch band—helping to reduce shoe weight and relieve pressure on the top of your tendons.
• Full-length carbon fiber plate in the midsole helps prevent energy loss in toe bends.
• Wider toe area gives a roomier fit and helps engage forefoot muscles.
• Lengthwise flex grooves on outsole enhance multi-surface traction in a variety of weather conditions.
• The translucent grid pattern looks fast.
• 6.5 oz / 184.3 g (size 10)
• Offset: 8mm
Pro:Direct Tennis can offer competitive rates on worldwide delivery, as well as offering a free returns service to our customers in the UK. To check the delivery rates and times to your country click here: