The Blade’s back and better than ever.
Returning with some gamechanging new tech and a spectacular colour-shifting paintjob, the Wilson Blade v8 has evolved in line with the modern game, providing even greater rewards for those willing to embrace aggressive, attacking play.
The addition of FORTYFIVE technology in the layup – the arrangement of braided fibres at 45 degrees – creates the perfect combination of flexibility and stability, allowing the braid to “breathe” on impact for a truly next-gen, connected-to-the-ball feel. It’s designed to indulge the vertical swing path that most pros tend to favour, but you’ll appreciate the satisfying pocketing sensation whatever your action looks like.
For improved stability lower down, DirectConnect sees the carbon fibre handle extend into the end cap, better integrating the two and making the entire racket feel more natural in the hand as you play your shots.
Elsewhere, the Blade v8 retains Parallel Drilling at the grommets for a more forgiving sweetspot, and the grommets and bumpers are made from castor bean oil, bio-based Agiplast to help protect the environment.
• Endorsed by Serena Williams, Emma Raducanu, Simona Halep, Stefanos Tsitsipas, and Milos Raonic
• Headsize: 98 sq in / 632 sq cm
• Strung Weight: 11.3oz / 321g
• Unstrung Weight: 10.8oz / 305g
• Unstrung Balance: 32cm / 7 HL
• Length: 27in / 69cm
• String Pattern: 18x20
• Taper System: 20.6mm Flat Beam
• Grip Size: 0-5
• String pattern (18x20) optimises string durability and generates stiffer response for enhanced touch and precision
• FORTYFIVE increases flexibility and stability to produce a more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing the modern, vertical swing path used by most competitive players
• DirectConnect extends the carbon fibre handle to connect directly to the end cap for improved feel and enhanced torsional stability
• Dynamic, colour-shifting elastic finish allows frame to morph between shades of green and copper
• Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
• Ergonomic End Cap yields improved comfort and playability
• Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
• Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
• This racket ships unstrung
• Please note that all Wilson Blade rackets come without a protective head cover
Pro:Direct Tennis can offer competitive rates on worldwide delivery, as well as offering a free returns service to our customers in the UK. To check the delivery rates and times to your country click here:
Measuring Your Grip Size
Choosing the right grip size is a vital part of playing tennis. The right grip size will make your racket feel natural and comfortable.
Use a ruler and measure (in inches) from the crease fold in your hand, to the top of your ring finger. Please see table below:
Note: It is always better to go for a smaller grip size, as you can easily increase your grip size with over grips.